Friday, July 08, 2005

Got Rope?

Last night Tom and I went to the storage to get a couple of necessities like a bed, couch, and silverware and as we were loading up we ran into a huge problem. The mattresses would not fit in the back of the van so they needed to go on top. No problem right? Wrong, I didn't have any rope! Now this would not be that big a deal in any other family but mine. I was once lectured for over an hour by a slightly drunk uncle about how a man is not a man if he doesn't have rope. My father has rope in every vehicle he owns, there are boxes of rope in his garage, and he will stop if and pick up any rope he see left on the road. I'm not sure if there is a more unforgivable offense in my family then not having rope when you need it.

Tom had to go to drug store to get rope while I sat at the storage box and thought good and hard about what I had done. I am ashamed of my self. I can just picture the look of disappointment on Bing's face when I tell him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have rope in my truck. I didn't have it there though until I had to pick something up for your parents. Then low and behold.....I had no rope. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought some. Now that they live in the same town as me, I'm keeping it in the truck for good measure. What has become of you James?

Sparky said...

Do that again and we are not brothers