Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Morning with Finn


During the week I think about the chance to sleep in once the weekend comes. It is the yearning for things like sleep and time with family that help the week to pass. Now that there is a Finn here sleeping in is not what I think it's going to be. I did sleep later then I would if I was working by 30 minutes but I also went to bed 2 hours later then I would have if I was working so she don't add up. This morning Kate got a call from her dad to come finish up the week long process of getting our cars registered and insured. That left me with a wide awake and very happy Finn for the morning. We chatted about the Vegas and Orlando summer league, I agree with Finn that the Long Beach Summer League is a joke with only 4 pro teams involved, and had a contest to see who could make the silliest face. He always gets me with the one the picture up on the right. We then went to the living room so he could nap while swinging and I could check up on my corner of the internet. Nap finished Finn woke up unhappy with the temperature of the room and told me as much. We clothed him up and walked to the neighbors to take in the morning humidity. We are now back at home waiting for mom to come home and a bottle to warm. Finn is back in the swing patiently waiting for the afore mentioned bottle. It is odd how the idea of sleeping in helps me get through a work week when the real joy is morning like this with my boy. I guess I hope for the small and glory in the divine.

0 comments: