Friday, July 04, 2008

One Thing

One of the things that I really love about being here is being able to head to the beach for a swim and a sit and then walking back home. I can head down there and swim for 10 minutes and be back without having to make a big effort or even take much with me. I am pale and rotund so I make quite a striking spectacle amongst the tan fit soldiers but I don't care. I have my sun screen caked on so I don't burn and I am slowly dropping some pounds, 4 since we got here, and I feel really comfortable out there. I don't feel fat like I do at work or every where else I am and it's odd because I got nothing on but my boardies. I guess there is a comfortableness here that I have and I like that, it's one of the things that I really like about being here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elton John called, he wants his sun glasses back.

Anonymous said...

I object! there is no way that Elton would ever claim those glasses!! really Bing. kris

Anonymous said...

come on kris, you know as well as anyone that when we were young and stupid, well young anyway, elton was very understated in his garb and those glasses were just his style. He has since come out of his dressing room.

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't remember the "understated" phase of Mr. John's life. You must be older than me! kris

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your new pics James, I'm so jealous! Em Cotter

Troy Felix said...

I'm pleased to hear things are going well for you all. I'm especially happy that you are frolicking about the surf and beaches proudly because you are a beautiful man. Period. -Troy