Thursday, October 08, 2009

Parks, playgrounds, trains and walks

So I left my camera in AZ and my brother sent his with out a memory card. That was kinda helpful but not really. Like getting a jelly sandwich with no peanut butter. So there haven't been many pictures lately but when he sends my camera we will make up for it. The yellow boys got haircuts today and you'll have to take my word for it but they look great. We had to bribe them with tiny marshmallows and a taser but they came through. It has been so nice here lately so we have been getting out a bunch. We spent the other day at the park for a good part of the afternoon. Ian took a header off the slide and when I picked him up he had a face full of mulch. He was pretty pissed at me for letting him fall, more so then actually being hurt I think. We did the three swing cha cha keeping all three boys giggling and even made friends with another kid named Finn whom our Finn kept calling "she" even though he knew his name. We were the talk of the playground with the three kids and Ian and Henry being so close in age. One lady asked if they were twins and I said no, different moms. She nodded like she understood but didn't want to ask if the dads were the same, that would be nosey. Yesterday we walked to the library and took a meandering way home through the neighborhood. After dinner the yellow boys and I went to the bank on the train while Beautiful was at work. We didn't take a stroller and just walked at Henry's pace. It was a really great time and the boys were in rare form on the train. They were talking with everyone and brought so much joy to the rasta looking black man that he patted me on the back repeatedly and said, "you have good men there, good men!" He was laughing so hard as Henry talked to him about the train and trucks and his brother "feee". We stopped for a shake at Bugerville and even though it was still before 8 when we were almost home Finn thought they were out so late. They gave me no trouble at bed time because they thought they got to stay up so late. I have been really enjoying walking at their pace for a change. Stopping for cool looking rocks and cracks in the sidewalk. A variation on the smell the roses thing but it is true that if you take the time to enjoy a walk at that pace you really notice a lot more. We spent way too much time marveling over a slug crossing the sidewalk but it made all three of us smile.

1 comments:

jamie said...

lucky lucky boys all four of you