Wednesday, April 20, 2005

One shot of happy, two shots of sad

Still no ultra sound or DR.s visits to report, May 5 will be the next time we see a DR and they should do an ultra sound then. In the mean time there has been a number of things going on for Kate and I. I have started my cert courses with over 30 hours of A+ classes with a funny band of misfits. I sat next to a lady who called her self Ms. D. I made the mistake of telling her that she had a stripper name. Honestly some people are so sensitive. As long as we were being creative I spelled my name "Jay Are". I had stat tracker up during the classes and I was following NBA and MLB games while the rest of the class was searching for Star Wars wallpapper for their machines. I don't know if I'm going to make it in this world but I'll give it the ol college try. Kate and I were getting pretty low on funds and wondering how we were going to pay rent, the speeding ticket, electricty and college loans and still have a little money to maybe get some ramen to last the month. We explored some ebay options, a garage sale, selling my baseball cards, you know anything to make a buck or two. They were all options but weren't going to be anywhere enough. Right when we got to the breaking point Kate got a temp job with a downtown company. We might just make it after all we thought the day before our car got towed. When I went down to move the car and saw it was gone I broke. I had been doing OK staying positive and "always looking on the bright side of life" but this was just too much. Kate was at work and only she could get the car, we didn't have the money to get it out and the price would go up everyday. I pulled a Brian Wilson and just went to bed for the day. It really wasn't that big of deal but to me it was one thing too many. Kate's parents graciously helped us get the car and treated us to a great meal, I played an angry game of b-ball, and I went home and sang in the shower at the top of my lungs. I fell better now, things will pick up and all that. Times like this always bring up a favorite song of mine.

0 comments: