Thursday, April 28, 2005

One step closer to knowing

I read this book once that compared grief to a slowly closing window. You would forget about the grief until the breeze came through and washed over you anew. The window would slowly close over time until one day that breeze is completely gone and you don't remember when it stopped. I like that analogy, I think there is some truth there. I feel better today then I did yesterday. Kate has been offered a permanent job that sounds interesting. We are talking of buying a house in Fountain Square to rehab it. There is a revitalization going on in that neighborhood and a project just might do us good. We'll work on the house while God works on us.

I have been reminded again of just how much Kate and I are loved during this time. Our house is filled with the scent of flowers, my inbox is full of kind notes and prayers, our message machine looks like a slot machine when we come home, and our fridge is full of tasty chicken. I have felt hurt and confused but not alone and I want to thank you all for that. It may seem like a small gesture to you but I want you to know that it is life for Kate and I. They are countless hugs and kisses that we have been able to soak in for the past few days, again thanks to you all.

0 comments: