Friday, February 24, 2006

Warm in the winter and cool in the summer

We now have AC and a new furnace. After 40 years of what I can only imagine was faithful service the furnace at 1230 Woodlawn burned it’s last gas Thursday morning at 10:03 AM. The old green behemoth was replaced by a sleek newer model half the size and infinitely more efficient. There is also the matter of the large Air Conditioning unit out side the kitchen window. Last summer Kate and I languished in the summer heat tearing apart our floors. We had two window AC units that cooled the bed room and dinning room but the rest of the house was less them comfortable. I lost 30 pounds on the “Hard Labor Sweat Plan” so the new AC has it’s pluses and minuses. With the first of the 4 big money projects done I am taken with how far this little house has come since Kate and I moved in. I think that if we sold right now with just the floors done and a new efficient furnace and central air we would see a substantial return on our investment. That is not what we are working for but it is a nice byproduct.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it!