Thursday, June 30, 2005

Late Night Worries

It's 1 AM on Wednesday night/Thursday Morning and I am once again restless with an over active mind. We close on our house tomorrow and I am concerned we won't have enough money for the little things that come up when you close. I am also thinking about college payments, housing repairs, the new furnace, and the two mortgages and my mind keeps racing in circles. I see the need then think of ways to meet it and then realize it's silly but still start all over again. I feel like I have little man auctioning off worry in my head and I seem to always be the highest bidder. Meanwhile Kate is sleeping peacefully next to me without a worry in the world. Actually I think it is more exhaustion then any worry free outlook on life. She has been working about 12 hours a day for 6 out of every 7 days for a month now. It will be nice when we get the house and Kate doesn't have to commute anymore. She will be able to get from home to work in 5 minutes or less depending on traffic. Well I will try once again to get to sleep, Kate and I have a walk scheduled at 6:15 in the morning and then I need to get the insurance for the house paid for, do a final walk through of the house to make sure the seller fixed what he was meant to fix, make sure checks are deposited to cover the down payment, and go with Kate to closing to sign a couple hundred pages of life changing documents all before going to class at 5:30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remeber all those "terrible" problems you had in High School, and Jr. High? They seem so small now.

Life WILL smooth out just hold on tight!!

Portland Dad said...

Oh it is never very bad, it just feels like it at the time.

Sparky said...

Belive me when I say I know how you feel right now, very proud of you bro and I (we) love you both a ton. Good On Ya