Friday, June 03, 2005

House Update

There doesn't ever seem to be a time in life where you move steadily forward. At least I don't feel like that is true for me. There is this constant zig zagging and one step forward two steps back shuffle going on. We had the house inspected and went to the seller with our "demands" and he capitulated on almost all of them, good times. Then we found out from our lender that we couldn't get the loan we wanted but we still had the option of a conventional 20% down loan. It almost seems as if she thought we were someone else when she said that. I mean how else could she think that was an option for us. Hey sweetie, if we had 20% down we wouldn't be talking to you! Not sure what happens next here but it looks like this house is not for us right now.

On a happier note I didn't get the job I interviewed for on Tuesday! They said I did great on the interview but that another candidate had Microsoft Office Certs already. That's OK I guess, maybe next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why you're going to school. To get those certs so you can do well on the interview and rock them with your "certs." We all know that they made a mistake they will regret for the rest of their professional lives!!

Portland Dad said...

The person they hired had different Certs then I will be getting. The funny thing is that I was wickedly over qualified for the job but didn't have the low level certification that was the golden key for them.

Anonymous said...

what Jamie said, yeaaah! (I think that's how it should be spelled)any way, I'm wondering if you are still living in my basement, since I havent' seen you in a week, and didn't know any of this stuff! Rat's, Rat's rat's!!!