Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hawaii - Day Two


We are on Oahu Lins. I am not sure if that is what you were asking or not because I don't speak Hawaiian like you do. I have included a map with some creative Microsoft paint dots of where we have been on the island so far. Yesterday we went to the Dole plantation and went through the biggest according to Guinness, but since they just make beer they probably don't know what they are talking about. Then we went to Kaena point and did a bit of a hike to the end of the point. I ended up walking with Grandma Weezie the whole time worried that she was going to fall at any moment and I would have to fireman carry her out of there. Seems like one of her sons or grandchildren could have taken that post but I was man enough for the job. Last night we found out my brother in law Mike got accepted to a school he was applying for and so now he has a decision to make. When there is a decision to be made then a night of fine dining and pinochle is called for so we headed out to Haleiwa Joe's Seafood Grill. Last night was the first one that Kate and I made it past 9:30 and this morning we slept in until 7:30 in the morning. That is a full 2 hours longer then we have slept in the trip so far so we are getting a little more acclimated. Today has golf and shopping on tap, I think I will do the golf.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, JR, I appreciate the clarification. I can now hone my jealous envy to a finer point...