Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Maybe I need to go Down Town

I know the “My life is like a Seinfeld episode” has been done to death but there are times when you really experience the genius of that show because of how true it is to day to day life. It is a show about nothing and some how we have all found our selves saying “this is just like that time on Seinfeld when….”

Well yesterday was the first day in my new job. Same job really just different title and people dislike me a bit more. I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out how my job had changed and what it was I was supposed to be doing on an hour by hour basis. I felt like I missed some key instructions somewhere along the lines and there was something terribly important that I was meant to be getting started on but I don’t remember or know what it is. I felt like George in the bottle episode.

After spending most of the morning not really doing anything I was told that I did a good job with my first day and that the abandon rate was already starting to go down. Well excellent, yeah I was working on that pretty hard so good thing that worked. The good news is I now know what it was I was meant to be working on, now I just need to figure out what I did to have any influence on the abandon rate so that I can replicate it. I am now going through the paces I went through yesterday in hopes that will trigger something. I’m just not sure how studying Spring Training box scores effect anything, but then again who am I to argue with success.

0 comments: